A free line layer of Annual Average Daily Traffic is now downloadable for free for use with the current version of Maptitude.
Annual average daily traffic (AADT) is the total volume of vehicle traffic on a highway or road for a year divided by 365 days. The Maptitude AADT layer contains this information, as well as other data including AADT for semi-trailer trucks, AADT for single-unit trucks, number of through lanes, road classification, and more. AADT is a useful and simple measurement of how busy a road is and is useful for:
- selecting a new site or facility location, evaluating a site, or designing a territory
- determining funding for highway maintenance and improvement
- forecasting road maintenance needs and expenditure
- identifying the best location for your business based on traffic patterns
- analyzing how traffic may impact store construction
- analyzing the environmental hazards of pollution related to road transport
Please note: The AADT data is for the visualization of traffic counts, and is not used with the routing tools. The routing tools in Maptitude already use historical traffic conditions (calculated using billions of anonymous measurements from cell phones and vehicle sensors) to determine the speeds used when creating directions, travel times, and travel distances.
A PDF guide is installed with the data and includes information on the map layer as well as tips for analyzing and using the data.